Jan 29, 2022

Facial Hair :-(

 Today was a coming of age ritual for the 15 year old Oyon. He has been asking me about shaving for a while and today the stars aligned. I had gotten him a new Harry razor, and armed with his new toy, we gathered in the bathroom. I had also not shaved and started by giving him a "demo". After lathering, I started shaving and then was reminded that I was supposed to join a Zoom call for a cousin's birthday - half-shaved, I started the call immediately as we were supposed to be present and ready to wish him a "surprise" Happy birthday. In the meantime, Oyon started lathering, and it was not going well. I had left the video off on the call, and I started help him lather. Where was the surly teen who argues with me - I had shaving foam in my hand that I was rubbing on the cheeks of my pliable little boy. I just had to soak in the moment. He started shaving afterwards, and I think largely remembered my advice about how not to keep the pressure just right so as not to cut himself. Of course, the 15 year old pimply face was a little too susceptible to a cut (across a pimple). However, that set up another teachable moment - the use of toilet paper to clot the bleeding. 

I finished the call and hurried down to find a little boy (minus the wispy whiskers) with a bit of tp stuck to his cheek. I told him to take it of, and off he hurried with his cross country skis to enjoy the swirling blizzard. I will now have to wait for his next shave to photograph it for posterity, but another milestone done. Time rolls on. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

AddMe.com, Search Engine Marketing